Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, March 25

New Shoes Part Two

I guess it wasn't just me who needed new tennis shoes. When your seven year old son (because this would NOT happen with a daughter, or at least not MY daughter!) says his school shoes are a little worn out, please take my advice and have him bring them home immediately! I don't know if it's just me, but this seems a bit more than a little worn out:

 

I mean, wouldn't at least a quarter of his foot have been showing?! So, we made an emergency trip to Target this morning and he stuck with the same theme and is now the proud owner of new Spiderman shoes (sans holes):


I'm just thankful for two things. 1. That his feet are still small enough that there are Velcro options (he upgraded to a size 1, which I think is the last size for "normal" Velcro shoes...meaning not special order!). 2. That his teacher didn't call child services for neglect...but she could have given me a little heads up! Sheesh.

I told him this is the last pair of Velcro shoes I'll buy for him. Goal for the summer? Learn to tie his freaking shoe laces! Korri might learn before him at this rate. And he couldn't care in the least...boys!

No comments: