Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, March 17

Lucky Leprechaun

Happy St. Patrick' Day to all of you! I've always thought being born on a holiday would be terrible. Having to share your birthday with something else...I mean, it is YOUR day, right? St. Patrick's Day is my only exception. It would be the perfect holiday to be born on. Everybody is already celebrating and you would just join in on the fun festivities! I love St. Patrick's Day.

Anyway, we wouldn't be us without doing something fun for St. Patty's Day. Finn came home from school yesterday and wanted to build a leprechaun trap. He did it last year for school and I think was a little disappointed they didn't do it this year (he even asked his teacher about it!). So, he and Korri went to work each making their own traps. Korri just put stuff together and put lots of glitter glue on it. Finn, however, had a very clear idea on what he wanted. We worked together through some of the engineering concepts and for doing it mostly by himself, I was pretty impressed (last year, we kind of did it for him and he just claimed it as his own!). Well, I forgot to get a picture of them before but this is how the kids found them in the morning AFTER the leprechaun had been here (Finn's on the left and Korri's on the right):
It was their idea to put them by the door, which I thought was pretty clever. They both LOVED coming down and checking them, although Korri did NOT want to open hers (because she was certain there would be a leprechaun in there!!). But they did and each found:
 
Chocolate gold coins! He must have liked their traps. I don't know how their traps didn't catch him. There's always next year. So much fun.

Then for breakfast Korri requested banana pancakes, so we made them green! I took a picture but the green didn't really come through. Trust me, they were green!

I tried to get a good picture of Mac in his Irish shirt, but he was being a stinker. This was the best I could do:


Finn had a field trip and had to wear his class shirt and Korri declared it a pajama day, so neither of them wore green. Boo. Although if you ask her, Korri will tell you there were green snow flakes on her pajamas (mind you, they were CHRISTMAS pajamas!).

And finally, I made chicken and rice for dinner with...you guessed it, green rice! Finn wouldn't try the rice but Korri and Mac loved it. Just regular brown rice with green food dye. Hopefully all the dye gets our of our systems! Maybe I'll try green eggs and ham next year!

So we had a pretty good St. Patrick's Day. I was bummed that Waverly had their parade last weekend because we were out of town. Oh, well. There's always next year. And Jim and I usually try to have a pint of Finnegan's Irish Amber every St. Patrick's Day since Finnegan was born. Not this year, but I'm sure it still counts if we do it another day. Maybe on our date on Friday night! (yes, a real live DATE. So excited! Thank you, Lynn!)

I'll leave you with one of my favorite Irish blessings:

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

No comments: