Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, March 5

Kindergarten Festival

This morning was Korri's Kindergarten registration and let me tell you, it was NOTHING like Finn's. I volunteered at the one last year since I was a current Kindergarten mom and I was very impressed with the changes they'd made. For Finn's, we went on a week night, were separated from our kids (they went with the two of the kindergarten teachers) and the parents sat in the music room with the other kindergarten teacher and were talked at for two hours. I mean, the information was somewhat helpful, but for the most part, kind of a waste of time.

Well last year (and this year) they made it be a fun activity (i.e. a "festival") for the kindergartners and their parents. There were t-shirts and snacks and then activities in each of the kindergarten rooms with each teacher interacting with all of the kids as they went from room to room. Then, they took a picture of all the kids (or the ones who came, obviously) of the class of 2029! Doesn't that sound like a fake year?!?! LOL I wonder if our parents thought the same thing about the Class of 1997 when Jim and I started kindergarten in 1984! (we're getting so old!)


First, a HUGE thank you to Beth and Joel for watching Finn and Mac. It was clear that this was an event for the kindergartners and not their siblings. The boys had a blast and Beth said Mac stopped crying before I even shut the front door! Of course! My instructions were: Mac likes balls, books, snacks and Finn! Yup, that's Mac in a nutshell. We are so blessed and thankful to have friends like them in our lives.

Second, Korri had a blast! Other than the format being different this time, the other thing that was most different for me was that everybody knows Korri! This is her second year in preschool and clearly makes a good impression on those around her (which is a good thing!). She knew so many of the kids and two of the three kindergarten teachers know and love her (Finn didn't have any interactions with the other teacher, so we don't know her well).

The one thing I did miss was the question/answer part. I feel like I missed out on some information. Like the fact that Korri's class is projected to be the biggest one they have and how they plan to deal with that. Where do you put all these kids? How many classes/teachers will you have? How many kids will be in each classroom? Finn's current teacher, Ms. Thorsen, will be going back to kindergarten next year, so she tells me what she knows, but it would have been nice for the principal to address some of that. I guess I'm just glad that I'm not the one who has to figure that out!

It was so much fun for Jim and I to spend time with just Korri. I mean, that never happens, as you can imagine. She loved the activities and seeing everybody and all the special attention. She already knows the building and classroom since her preschool room is in the same hallway, but a refresher and looking at it with "future kindergartner" eyes I'm sure was fun for her. To feel like one of the big kids. Here are some pics:





Here's to #2 going to kindergarten. It will be here before I know it.

No comments: