Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, January 9

Seven plus thirty

Finn's birthday party was today! And yes, it is on my birthday! Why did we schedule HIS party on MY birthday? Because it worked the best. We decided last year that doing a party the weekend before his birthday is too rushed after Christmas (and now my nephew's party could be that weekend because his birthday is on Christmas Day). And let's face it, once you turn 21 and have kids, your birthday just doesn't mean what it did when you were younger. I was very happy to share my light with Finn (or rather, give it to him!). Plus, I said than after the party, people could stay and have a drink with me (or ten, as the case may be).

We had the food catered for the first time ever. The food always stressed me out and because I always focus on the cake and decorations, I just wanted it to be taken care of. Plus, there is a restaurant in Montrose that Jim LOVES their broasted chicken, so I figured it would be easy to convince him. We had broasted chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, mixed veggies and lettuce salad with dressing! Everybody seemed to really love it and it was very reasonably priced. I think we have a winner.

I'll do another post on the cake. As for decorations, Finn didn't want any, much to his mother's dismay. So we agreed that I'd get a green (to go off the "lucky seven" theme) and he'd decorate it with sevens or whatever else he wanted. At least it was something. I mean, it saved me money and hassle but I love things to be super festive. I don't think anybody else noticed or cared. I'll get over it.

My mom so graciously came the night before and helped a TON! It is nice to have one person keep an eye on the kids and the other two to get ready for the party. We appreciate her help SO MUCH!! And we had a FULL HOUSE! I'm so glad our house is spread out in a layout that works to have people over. I think the final number was 32 (was supposed to be 36 but a couple people were sick). All of the kids played so nicely. Everybody was very generous in their gift giving (lots of Minecraft, Transformers and LEGOS!) including a LEGO table that uncle John MADE for him!!!

A HUGE thank you to everybody who came to make Finn's day (and mine!) so special. It was a great day spent with great people.

No comments: