Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, January 30

Five and fabulous

Five and fabulous describes Korri perfectly. She has been looking forward to being five...pretty much since she turned four. She is EXACTLY like I was when I was little in that I just wanted to be bigger, older, better, smarter, etc. She is the epitome of "five going on fifteen." Don't grow up too fast, Baby Grill! (she did tell me the other day that I can always call her that...thank you very much!!!)

To prove how "big" she is, she had a girls-only sleep over at Stacey's last night!! So I haven't even gotten to see my birthday girl yet today on her birthday (I'll survive!!). This was the third sleep over she's had with Stacey. I love that Stacey WANTS to spend time with her and that Korri can behave in a way that she is welcome. It is so good for Korri to feel special like that (well, ANY child, but especially Korri).

Another proof that she is getting big...her Kindergarten registration forms came in the mail this week! It is so weird for me because she already goes to preschool in the same building as she will in kindergarten in the same HALLWAY as kindergarten! And she rides the bus to and from school. And she brings home papers and things to do. But even given all that...kindergarten is just "different." They are having a "Is your child ready for Kindergarten" session for parents before registration if "you aren't sure your child is ready or not." Ha, I literally laughed out loud when I read that. Not only is Korri ready, she was ready LAST year! I have no doubt she would have done just fine in Kindergarten this year, if she'd been allowed to go.

I love everything about her. She is kind. She LOVES to cuddle and snuggle. She is sensitive. She is strong. She is opinionated. You always know exactly where you stand with her. She makes friends easily and has many. She has a great sense of fashion (which she clearly doesn't get from me!). She dances and sings ALL THE TIME!! She is an amazing big sister to Mac and is always checking on him or helping with him. She loves to draw and color and do crafts. She loves to cook with her daddy and bake with her mommy. She loves horses and riding with Stacey as much as possible. And so many other things that I can't name them all.

Yes, she challenges me (almost constantly) but that isn't always a bad thing. The things that can be perceived as negative (being loud, opinionated, etc) will get her far in life and I don't want to squash them, just teach appropriateness.

This morning with you being gone has shown me how differently our family would be without you. You complete our family is so many important ways. We love you (even Finn!) to Pluto and back. We can't wait to see what you accomplish with your amazing life. You are, and always will be, my favorite daughter in the whole wide world :)

This was her birthday outfit for her school birthday celebration yesterday:

No comments: