Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, January 22

Busy Bees

I want to start out by saying that I WANT my kids to be involved in things and I want THEM to want to do activities. That being said...we have been holy busy this week! It probably didn't help that Jim was unexpectedly gone today...but I learned I can do just about anything. AND that we have made some amazing friends since moving to Waverly, for which I'm beyond grateful. Also, I may need to examine my need to do everything all the time. In hind sight, I probably could have cut some things out (or rescheduled)...but regardless, we survived!

Except for Monday, we had "something" every single night. I know this is common when your kids are older but this is very unusual for us. Korri had gymnastics Tuesday night in Howard Lake. Then Wednesday night, Finn and I had Faith Formation at church.

Thursday night, Korri had dance and Finn had a basketball game. Finn has basketball camp on Sundays in January and one benefit of going to camp is that the players get to got to one varsity basketball game, go in the locker room before the game for the coach's talk with the players, be introduced with the team before the game and sit on the bench with the players until half time. It's a pretty big deal and it made Finn's life last year when he did it. Of course, while I was at dance with Korri, Jim text me and said that Finn didn't want to go. ARGH! My little home body. When I got home, I showed him pictures of last year and he was like, "Oh, yeah. I'll go." Sheesh. BUT...this is Jim's thing but he wasn't feeling well. Which means I "got" to take him. In the end, I'm glad we went and it was fun to experience it with Finn. And he had a blast!
The JV coach giving the boys a pep talk. Finn is second of the right.
High-fiving with the players.
Sitting on the bench just before they introduced his name.
Standing at half court while they introduced the actual players.
Seriously, it was really neat and while basketball in Jim's thing, I'm glad we went. We left just after half time which means we didn't get home until well after bed time. Worth it, but still another late night.

Friday was a doosy of an afternoon and evening. First I arranged to have Reagan picked up early, which for a Friday, isn't that uncommon. Then I notified the school that I would be picking Finn and Korri up early from school. Before picking them up, I had to pack Korri's gymnastics stuff, wrap a present for the party Finn was going to and package up and bring all of our paper rolls for Finn's class! Anyway, I picked them up just fine (and remembered everything I needed!) and we headed to their well-child dr. appointments. For the record, I did try to reschedule them but our doctor was booked for next week and with some personal family things up in the air, I just wanted to get them over with. More on their appointments in another post...but all is very well with them!!!
Just handing out in the doctor's office, eating some goldfish!
After the appointments we headed to Dairy Queen for a little post-doctor pre-dinner ice cream snack. We started that tradition when they were still getting shots and now they seem to think they still need ice cream after a doctor visit. Oh, well. Twist my arm ;) Korri had a gymnastics meet (similar to Finn's basketball game the night before) and Finn had a birthday party to go to...both which started at similar times. Because Jim and I were going to divide and conquer, which we could no longer do, I couldn't drop Finn off at the party because the gymnastics meet started before the party did. But I knew Finn's friend Ben was going and I asked if I could drop him off there before the party and pick him up after the gymnastics meet. They so kindly said of course...which really and truly means so much to me. So we dropped Finn off there around 5pm on our way to Howard Lake.

This was the first time they've done the "future gymnasts" at a meet (that I know of!). So Korri got to walk in with a Lakers gymnast, watch the entire meet and then have her picture taken with them after the meet. This would have been perfectly fine IF Mac could have stayed home, which wasn't an option. All things considered, he did really well but we were there for over three hours!!! You can only entertain a year and a half year old for so long! But Korri had a blast and she got to do some gymnastics on the mat after the meet and get a group picture (I made the executive decision that we could not wait for individual pictures as it was almost 9pm and Mac had hit the wall!).
Team photo. Korri is all the way on the right in a black and pink leotard.
Korri walking in with her gymnastics buddy, whom I think was the over all individual winner!
Coming back to our seats after introductions.
Not a happy camper.
We left, picked Finn up (again, so kind of Ben's family to keep him so late...I was glad it was a Friday night or we probably couldn't have "done it all."), got home and all kids were in bed sleeping by shortly after 9pm. Not too bad.

Overall, a super busy day but so much fun for the kids and great memories were made. Thank you to everybody who helped us this week, especially today. I'm pretty sure I can do anything after all we accomplished today. And I'll look at my need to "do everything" but normally it isn't an issue when there are two chauffeurs! In hind sight, I might have not gone to the gymnastics meet, but I had no idea it would take THAT long and it was the last one of the season, so there wouldn't be any more opportunities to go to another until next year. Alls well that ends well!

No comments: