Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Sunday, November 1

Happy Halloween!

I think yesterday might have been the best Halloween! You really couldn't ask for better weather (yes, it was still cold but it is Oct 31 in Minnesota after all...and I think it was around 50-55 degrees when we set out, so not horrible at all). Also, I think we should start a petition to always have Halloween on Saturday! It made it all so much easier and festive.

In the morning, while Jim took ALL THREE kids shopping, I baked banana bars and an apple pie. I was dreading the pie but both Jim and Dillon wanted it, so I trudged ahead, with very specific instructions from DeAnn (and maybe a few text questions from me during the making!!). But after all my angst, it turned out really good...but I still think I'm going to leave pie baking to the expert: DeAnn!!!

After maybe having a couple too many drinks the previous night, I could have used a nap in the afternoon, but there wasn't time. Oh, well. There was too much going on to be tired, anyway! DeAnn, Stacey, Dillon and Steve came over before to get ready and take pictures. Then Granum's (Anna, Nate, Mitchell, Nolan and Reagan) came over to go trick-or-treating with us! It was quite the group. Also note to self for next year: don't leave to trick or treat until 6pm! I always want to leave earlier since it is warmer and then you get done earlier, too...but nobody had their lights on when we started out!

As usual (and his preference), Jim stayed home cooking dinner and handing out candy. We made a pretty good loop around our neighborhood and the one behind ours. I love that my kids don't need a ton of candy. I mean, I really think that after they got about 10 pieces, they could have been done! I think we were back home by 6:30 (and we left around 5:30, I think...I clearly wasn't paying attention to the details).

Halloween pics:




I didn't get a pic of Stacey and Steve's costumes but they were pretty epic. Also, who said an angel can't have a beer while trick-or-treating?!?! The mandatory sorting took place after and I let the kids gorge themselves on candy...I mean, it's Halloween after all!!

After the candy inventory was taken, we had an AMAZING dinner of potato leek soup, cornish game hens, mashed potatoes, carrots and bread. Then my kids went to bed and we retired to the living room, in food comas to be sure. And then the cut-throat game of boys vs. girls Trivial Pursuit started (they really could make a reality show of us playing this game!). All was fine until the boys started to lose. Better watch out. AND...the girls won!! Totally legit and with a final answer of Wayne Gretzky (to be fair, I don't know if I could even name another NHL player!!). Better luck next time, boys!

Thank you to everybody who shared in this magical day with us. We all had so much fun. We hope you all had equally amazing Halloweens and that your little goblins arrived safely home after their candy quest with happy hearts and bellies full of their treasures!

No comments: