Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, October 20

These feet are made for

...walking! Mac started walking yesterday! Fifteen months and two days. I'll take it!

From Videos

So happy to have that monkey off our backs. He still prefers crawling, obviously, but he spontaneously stands up in the middle of the room and walks over to whatever he wants. I would say he goes about ten steps right now but it won't be long before there are no limits. Very intentional and very sturdy. Now he just needs to practice, practice, practice.

We had Mac's 15 month well child this morning...a great appointment. Jim stayed home with Korri since she isn't feeling well. Mac was 31" long (42%), weighed 25 lbs 2 oz (81%) and 50 cm (99%). I was happy to see the jump in his height percentile (was 24% in July). He also increased his weight percent (was 70% in July) but I'm honestly surprised he didn't weigh more! His head continues to be ginormous, clearly.

We talked about how much he is hitting and how normal it is. I remember this from the other two, but just wanted reassurance! Especially since he seems to hit me the most. I said that he isn't "talking" much and never looks at me and says, "mama." After watching me interacting with him, she said she has ZERO concerns about his language as he is VERY communicative and the words will come. She'd like to see 10 by 18 months, which I think he will be doing. Right now I know for sure he can say banana and ball. I think he knows more than that but that is all I know for sure.

He has 12 teeth, which I already knew. The next ones to come in are the eye teeth and they should be around 18 months, with the 2 year molars following. Argh! I was hoping for a teething break. I forgot to ask about the pacifier to see when we should wean completely (he still gets it when he sleeps and sometimes in the car). I think he is supposed to be using a spoon, which I hardly ever give him (probably because he does have so many teeth and I know he can self-feed so well with his fingers). And let's be honest, a spoon is messier, which I avoid at all costs!

She was impressed with the amount of sleep he gets every day (12 hours at night and two naps during the day), but he really NEEDS that much. In fact, some days I lay him down for a cat nap around 5 or 6 because he is so tired. He isn't drinking the recommended amount of milk every day, but she didn't seem concerned (I have a hard time getting him to drink anything). So I'll just keep offering it.

He got three shots today (I forgot the pacifier, of course!). He let us know he was pissed but, honestly, stopped crying about 10 seconds afterwards! Drama King much?!?! He had a small amount of fluid in his right ear but she was very happy with how they were. I said now we can start over with the counting since it has been 6 months since his first one! She laughed but agreed. Maybe no tubes after all? Finger crossed. His next appointment will be 18 months. I wish all dr appts went this well.

Reading the Costco magazine today (before he threw it on the ground, of course!):

And we'd like to wish Grandpa Ron a very happy birthday today! Wish we could celebrate in person. Love you.

1 comment:

Aaron Baker said...


One cannot eat one’s cake and have it.
____________________________
Buy FIFA Coins