Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, October 6

It was the best of times

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Since we hadn't been on a vacation sans kids in over two and a half years, we thought it was time. I'd lost most of the baby weight. Mac was done nursing. Finn was back in school (although in hind sight, him NOT being in school might have been easier!). This fall is our 8th anniversary (okay TODAY!), so we thought we should go. After a few suggested places from me, Jim picked the Turks and Caicos islands. I'd heard so many lovely things about it and even though it is a little pricey, we went in the "low" season, picked a studio suite that wasn't ocean view and saved quite a bit.

The best of times is that it is beautiful. The resort was very nice, well kept, lots of pools, a bar that was open almost all the time and access directly to a BEAUTIFUL beach. I mean, almost as perfect as Eagle Beach in Aruba...almost!

It was pouring when we arrived but we were able to get out on the beach for a little bit late Sunday. Then had beautiful weather Monday and Tuesday.

Then, Hurricane Joquin hit. It was the worst of times. Okay, it honestly wasn't THAT bad. I've never been in a hurricane warning before, but the actual hurricane made landfall just north of TCI on the Bahamas (glad we didn't go there!). And while it rained a ton (somebody said we got over 12 inches in two days!) and the wind was super loud, I feel like I've been in worse weather in MN! My point is that it could have been so much worse. Never did I worry about my safety.

But we had crappy weather for three days, which does stink when that is half of your time there. Well, unless your flight is canceled on Sunday and you have to re-book for Monday. Then you get an extra day!!

Overall, we had a great time. It was super relaxing. We got plenty of sun. Had more than our fair share of drinks. I even rented a bicycle and road into town to do some shopping on the second Sunday (so adventurous of me!). I don't know if we'll be back, but I'm glad we went (I just wish we'd gone this week instead of last week and the weather would have been PERFECT!!).

A HUGE thank you to DeAnn for watching all three kids all week! I know it was a lot but I know they loved every second of it. Also, thank you to my mom for being able to jump in and take over when we didn't come back as planned!

And a very happy anniversary to my wonderful and loving husband, Jim. It has been a crazy busy 8 years but I wouldn't change it for anything. We been through a lot but also know now that we can handle a lot. Just think, in eight more years, we will have a 14 year old, 12 year old and a 9 year old. So weird!

Here are a couple pics:






No comments: