Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, October 28

Discharged!

Mac was discharged from Physical Therapy at Gillette Specialty Care today! His PT called me and talked to me after I sent her a video of Mac walking. She said there really isn't a need for him to come back now that he is "walking." I told her that he still chooses to crawl instead of walk but that he CAN walk.

We talked about things to help with his confidence and the things that he will start doing next. I was hesitant to "just stop" services (without even a final appointment) but when I thought about it, there really isn't any need. There is nothing she could do at the next appointment that will make him walk sooner or better. So, we canceled all remaining appointments with the assurance that if I see something that worries me or worries Mac's doctor, to come back for an evaluation. But he wouldn't be considered to be delayed at 18 months because he is already taking independent steps. So we should be good for a while! We still have services through the school once a month, so they can help fine tune Mac's skills and work on walking up and down the stairs.

Mac walked from Jim to Korri (a total of 15+ steps), stopped, turned around and started back! Really, Mackers?!?! Today, he let go of the chair and walked slowly toward me, stopping every time he wasn't stable, steadying himself and then continued on. I mean, obviously he CAN do it. It stops my heart every time I see him walking. I know it will be old hat soon enough, but in the meantime, I'm enjoying every second of it.

So, our gross motor delayed (lazy?!?!) baby is no longer a baby and no longer delayed. He has done an amazing job catching up and is back on track!! I can't wait to see the things you'll do, Baby (yes, we still call him that...deal with it because he'll always be my baby ;)

The Big Boy "requested" to sit in the booster seat yesterday. They grow up so fast.

No comments: