Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, September 26

Progress

When you are on a journey with a specific end goal, it is easy to get frustrated when all you look at is point B. I've been on a weight loss journey for over 6 months. It started out as "Operations Lose Baby Weight" which I did. Now it is "Operation Get to Goal Weight." But I've been stuck and have seen little movement on the scale over the last two months. Losing weight is so hard for a million reasons, but especially when you have small children and a baby who still needs so much of your time (i.e. limited time for exercise and plan healthy foods).

But I saw something on good ol' Facebook that made me take pause recently and look back at how far I've come. No, I'm not where I want to be but I've lost FIFTY-FIVE pounds!

 

I think we'd all agree that I look so much better but I also FEEL so much better. I was packing this morning for vacation and I could fit into most of my clothes that I wore on our honeymoon (not all...yet!). That felt good and made me realize what a huge accomplishment it is.

No, I may not reach my goal weight for a couple more months and when I do, I will be ecstatic. In the meantime, there is still reason to celebrate. Here's to not wanting to die because I have to wear a swimming suit IN PUBLIC in 24 hours! And here's also to continuing to reach for your goal, even when it is really hard and you want to quit...but don't!

1 comment:

Stacey M. said...

You look amazing!!!!! Congrats, momma!