Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, September 22

I did it!

Operation Get Four Car Seats Installed In The Van was a success! However, it wasn't without frustration, either. I HATE installing car seats. If I weren't such a car seat safety freak, I'd probably just have all my kids sit on the floor in the back and play (okay, never, but that is how much I HATE installing car seats!). We have pretty easy ones to install, too (well, with the exception of Mac's because rear facing is more complicated than forward facing). I thought I would just "switch" Korri's to the third row and install Reagan's (which is an infant carrier and SUPER easy to install) in the place that Korri's was. Easy peasy. Two minutes and done. Right?

I must stress that Korri's seat used to be Finn's and it was installed in the third row for a long time (until we switched Mac out of his infant carrier). It should have been a quick install. I mean, we've done the EXACT same install a million times before. BUT...since it is me, I could NOT find the top tether latch ANYWHERE! I googled it but couldn't find information for my exact van model and year. I looked in the manual but there was not ONE mention of WHERE the latch was. I looked everywhere and took everything out of the back. Nope. Nowhere to be found. Of course, I'm feeling like a complete failure at this point and since it was before 8 am and Jim (because he is super good with car seats for some random reason!) wasn't feeling well, I decided to just stop and try later.

About an hour later, I finally woke Jim up to ask him where the tether goes. He kindly got up, looked around and found it (EXACTLY where it should be, of course!) in a matter of minutes. ARGH ARGH ARGH! Did I mention I HATE installing car seats? After that, it literally took me less than five minutes to install Korri and Reagan's.

So, I did it! (with help, but whose keeping track?) We have two rear facing seats in the second row captain's chairs and a five-point harness and tall-back booster in the third row! Sweet. And I'm very certain they are all installed correctly and the kiddos are safe. Sweet. We will see how it goes to have Finn and Korri next to each other (cringe!).

The second thing I accomplished today was a trip to run errands with all three kiddos (Korri, Mac and Reagan) by myself. And it went perfectly. Of course it was sprinkling so I couldn't just get a cart and wheel them in (I didn't want wet baby butts!), but because Reagan weighs about five pounds less than Mac, I was able to just carry them both in. Then Mac was stuck with the front spot of the cart and Reagan got to sit in the big part (only because she listens better than Mac and I knew she would sit down!). We got groceries at Cub, which I always start out with stop at the Kid's Cookie spot. The lady next to me checking out even commented on how good they were through the whole store, which validated what I was already thinking. Again, I did it! I knew it wouldn't be a problem (or I figured as much) but until you do it, you never know.

So, it is 11 am and I accomplished installing four car seats properly in my van AND running errands with a 4 year old and two 1 year olds. What did you do this morning?!?! LOL

Because you know I need a picture, Mac enjoying Grandma's pumpkin and chocolate muffins!

Korri's been bit by the baking bug, so I think we are going to attempt homemade blueberry muffins later today. After I get my kitchen back in order and cleaned (because I clearly didn't have time for that this morning)! Fun times :)

No comments: