Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, September 8

First First

Today was Finnegan's first day of First Grade. Wow, he seems so old and seasoned and just KNOWS what to do and where to go (it helps that he has the same teacher in the same room as Kindergarten, maybe!). The whole "getting on and riding the bus" thing didn't freak me out this year like it did last. While the start of a school year will probably always be overwhelming with a mountain of paperwork and supplies and checks to write, etc, this year was FAR less stressful on every front than last year.

Last night before bed, Jim told Finn to get his backpack ready. I was like, "um, yeah, I did that already!" I had to affix his bus tag to his backpack. Write the check for milk money. Make sure all the forms were filled out and in the folder. And probably the most important, make sure there was a snack! He had his outfit picked out since last week when we were going through clothes, so that was easy. He did have a hard time falling asleep last night, which he usually doesn't, but I'm sure there were jitters and nerves. (he told me after he got home today that he was a little scared before getting on the bus...awwwww!)

He set out his breakfast last night, but was too nervous to eat all of it this morning. An apple pouch was all he could do, but I figured it was better than nothing. Pictures took a lot less time this year, too! LOL. I took a million last year. This year I kept it to the basics. Easy Peasy. Well, I mean...I'm me...I still took plenty :)







My back to school prayer for you, Finnegan:

Dear God,
Thank you for the gift of my child. Please watch over him as he goes back to school, and protect him from negative influences.
Help him be a light to others, and help him show love, care and respect to his friends and teachers.
Please protect him from bullies, but if he faces one, give him courage to stand up for himself and for others.
Help him to remember when he is scared or afraid, You are there with him. As much as I love my child, You love him even more, and I know You will be watching out for him.
Amen

Here's to another amazing year filled with friends, fun, knowledge, growth, imagination and learning. Share your shining light with everybody, Buddy Boy!

No comments: