Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Sunday, September 20

Another girl!

Before you freak out and start rumors, no, I am NOT pregnant. However, we are adding one little girl to our household! Four days a week during the days, anyway. Let me start at the beginning.

I am a big believer in God putting things across my path for a reason, especially when I'm not looking for something. I am naturally a planner and a worrier so when things come up in life, I try to just remember that God has a plan for me and to trust what I feel He is guiding me to. Easier said than done but I do try. So, when two weeks ago, my friend Anna called and said she was in a panic about somebody watching her daughter, Reagan, I thought, "I can do it!" It would be for two weeks, three days per week. I love helping people out and I figured, "why not?"

Reagan is one month younger than Mac. She is super sweet and a LOT quieter than he is! But she can MOVE like crazy. I'm hoping she is a good influence in the walking department for Mac. She ended up coming 5 days over the last two weeks and it was pretty easy to get into a routine. It helps, too, that she is a really good napper, so I can even get my workout in some days!

Then Anna was offered a full time position! Did I want to babysit full time? What things would be road blocks for me? Would it even change our routine that much? I talked it over with Jim and the number one thing that was making me hesitate was feeling "stuck" at home. I didn't want to deal with installing and un-installing a car seat every day or every day I wanted to go somewhere. I do most of the errands and appts for the household, so I knew I'd need to be mobile. (we still have our double stroller, which helps a lot!)

Anna and I talked over the details, came to what I think is an equitable arrangement for both of us (including us just putting one of her car seats in our van all the time!) and just like that, our family increases by one, during the day, anyway. I'm excited because Reagan really is super sweet but I also think it will be good for Mac to have somebody his age around to play with. Oh, and Korri LOVES Reagan, so it seems like Korri is the one watching/playing with her a lot of the time. And Reagan seems to love the attention. Win/win!

We will see. It starts tomorrow! Here's to being open to unplanned things and a new adventure!




No comments: