Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, August 31

Snip snip

Another last first...Baby's First Hair Cut!!!

When Finn got his first hair cut, we buzzed it. And I loved it. But with Mac, I wasn't ready for a buzz. He has these adorable curls in the back that I just wasn't ready to say goodbye to (I'm assuming they will be gone forever). I was dying, though, because his bangs and hair over his ears were out of control (I even put a clip in the other day to keep them out of his eyes!!). And I wanted a lock for his baby book (which I don't think I have yet...oops. Third child. I do have a Memory Box, so it can go in there!). So I asked the expert...Renae, of course! She said she could cut a longer lock out of the top and you wouldn't even notice it was gone. Perfect.

She brought her hair cutting stuff to the cabin on Sunday and it was go time. Mac did really well. I mean, he didn't stop moving the whole time, but Renae's had lots of practice with little wiggle worms and I would assume moving is better than freaking out and screaming, which he didn't do. Here is the before and after:
 

SO MUCH BETTER! Now my baby looks like a big boy. It is funny how just trimming it a little bit makes such a big different. And a HUGE thank you to Auntie NaeNae!!