Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, August 20

Mom Tip: Too Small Clothes

Okay, I don't know how I've gotten through 6 years of parenting without knowing this "mom tip!" It is courtesy of my friend Sharon who dropped this helpful little bomb on us at our last Mom's Night Out.

First, I love my kids' clothes to be organized. When Finn was a baby, I would re-organize his clothes in his dresser so they would all get worn the same amount (I'm not even kidding!!) Second, their clothes are NEVER organized (anymore!). Three kids in three different sizes equals complete chaos most of the time. The only reason I stay on top of Mac's is because I need to move them on to my nephew who is nipping on his heals size-wise.

I have a tub of too small clothes. I have bags of "next size" clothes. I have piles of "stuff" in the closets. I have tubs from family. I have dirty clothes piles. I have clean clothes piles. My piles have piles!
Too small clothes bins (in addition to a "next size" bag!)
Clean clothes next to Korri's bed.
Dirty clothes pile next to Finn's bed.
Clean clothes on the stairs that haven't quite made it upstairs yet.
Clean clothes on top of the dryer.
See, I'm not kidding. And it makes me feel like I'm naked putting these pictures up for you to see! To top it all off, my kids have WAY too many clothes! I don't know how that happened because I don't buy them much, but we have very generous family and friends who graciously pass clothes on to us, which I LOVE and appreciate.

But if we could organize the ones that fit and pack up the ones that don't, I think it would be more manageable. So back to the "too small" tub. I actually have two sitting in Finn and Korri's room. They are each THIRTY gallons, i.e. HUGE, and over flowing (see top picture above). I need to go through them but I always think I'll wait until the next load of laundry so I get "all" the clothes. You know, because they have to where the shirt that is too small ONE more time. Fine, but remember to put it in the tub when it is clean. Finn actually remembers to do this a lot of the time, but Korri is either clueless or she must want to keep wearing it!

So to say I'm not organized is an understatement. Enter this new tip: when something is too small, put it inside out before you wash it! Hello?!?! Duh! But so simple and beyond genius. Now I can easily and quickly put those inside out clothes in the tubs and not keep clothes we don't need/fit any more in their drawers. I'm so excited to start implementing this. I kind of feel like Sharon's been holding out on me for years, but I'll forgive her due to how fabulous her suggestion is. Thanks for helping me, even if in a small way, get my clothes mountain managed!!

Now, who will watch my three little tornadoes so I actually have uninterrupted time to get this done? Ha, a pipe dream, I'm sure :) Poor Zander is probably wearing 3T clothes that are worn out because I've been so bad at going through Finn's too-small clothes! I need to get on it!

No comments: