Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, August 19

Fourth double

Four in three months. Argh! Mac was super fussy Monday night. I gave him ibuprofen but while I was doing that, I saw him pull on his right ear. Crap, he has an ear infection. The medicine kicked in and he slept well (thank GOD!!). I called the doctor in the morning (of course I was second guessing myself by this time because he seemed fine by the morning, but I also know better by now) and they got us in with our primary doctor (I'll say it again, I LOVE our clinic!!!) in the afternoon.

It was a quick visit. Yup, double ear infection and she said the right one was pretty nasty. So for those of you keeping track at home, that is four double ear infections in three months. Double argh! So what this tells me is that we were right to make the appointment with the ENT, even though I didn't want to. That appt is next week. It also tells me that tubes might just be the "right" thing to do as well, even though I REALLY don't want them. I've been bringing him to the chiropractor and that obviously isn't helping (or maybe that is a long term solution?!?!). I don't know, but if we are having this many problems in the summer, he will most likely have constant (more so than now?!?!) infections during the winter/sick months and it isn't good for him to be on antibiotics for a long period of time either.

So, he is back on medicine for now (we did go in for a re-check after that last bout and the infection was gone at that point, two weeks ago). Thankfully, he isn't awful when he has a double ear infection. It could be so much worse. I just want him to feel better and BE better.

We are also doing a hearing test at the ENT visit because Mac's caseworker/teacher through the school district said he may be having difficulty hearing and repeating consonance, which I guess is harder to say than vowels. I was saying he mimics us really well, so I don't think his hearing is a problem but squealing or saying things like, "ah!" wouldn't be affected by fluid. Things like "Momma" and "Dadda" would be, which I've noticed he isn't saying any more :(

PT update: Yesterday Mac's school PT and caseworker/teacher came to our house. This was the first time meeting his new caseworker (LOVED her!). It had been 5 weeks since PT had seen him and she PRAISED his progress at least five times during the visit. Yay! I love and needed to hear that. She is happy with him crawling and moving around his environment however he sees fit right now (i.e. not pushing walking!). We are working on getting him to go "feet first" when he is on an elevated surface so he isn't stuck and hopefully reduces the risk of falling once he IS doing stairs and walking. I said I'm glad he is horizontally mobile but NOT vertically yet (i.e. climbing!!). Socially/verbally, I haven't seen Mac look at me when somebody says "momma." But his teacher said, "where's momma?" and he slowly looked over in my direction! It felt good. He does know me (lol, obviously he does!).

And because you know I like a picture in my post, I can't imagine why Mac took so quickly to my Godmother (my mom's sister) at Zachary's baptism?!?!

SOME people say she might look a smidgen like my mom...

I don't know but she has my kids fooled :) Korri's fallen for it too!!

No comments: