Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, July 10

Waverly Daze

Last year we participated in Waverly Daze for approximately an hour and a half and that was it. I was one week away from having Mac and super uncomfortable and had feet and ankles the size of hot air balloons. Luckily, that was our first summer here, the kids were young and didn't know any better.

Well, this year we are all about it. Finn and Korri had a t-ball game at 7:45pm down by the lake where all the festivities take place (the only activity we did last year). Before the game, the kids played on the play ground, bouncy house and made edible sand art (genius!). Their game was so much fun and the kids had a blast. Korri doesn't love t-ball but even she had fun. It probably helped that NeNe and Uncle Les came to watch!

After the game, the kids each got to pick out an ice-cream treat and get their face painted.

Korri wasn't happy with hers because she forgot that she actually wanted a dragon fly until after it was on her face! Oops. NeNe pushed her on the swings (or merry-go-round?), so that made it better.

We hung out until 10:15pm for the fireworks. They were AMAZING! Maybe it was because we had low expectations (small town, small fireworks?!?!) but they just kept going and going. We kept saying, "that was the grand finale" but then they would shoot off more. I'm so glad we stayed, even if it was WAY after bedtime. That's what summers are for, right?

The craziest part? Mac slept through the entire fireworks show. I was so afraid that he would wake up and be scared, but he didn't move an inch, even with the super loud ones. I think somebody was super tired. Finn HATES the loud ones and he had a hard time, even with daddy's noise-canceling headphones on. But he survived.

Overall, a great night. Not sure how many other activities over the weekend we can partake in because of other commitments, but even if it was just last night, it was great. Hoping to go to the parade on Sunday, though. Because we "need" more parade candy, obviously.

No comments: