Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Sunday, July 26

Town and Country

For the first time in a really long time, we headed to Murdock to spend the weekend with my mom. It was Town and Country Days in Kerkhoven (the town NEXT to Murdock) and I figured there'd be lots for the kids to do. Jim was swamped all week with work, so he decided to come out by himself on Saturday.

We left around 3pm on Friday so the kids could nap on the way, which they did, for the most part. We got there just after mom got home from work (I keep forgetting that we live closer now so it takes less time). We had dinner and then headed over to Kerkhoven. There was a lot going on and the kids LOVED it. I have to say, I was/am impressed with the whole event. Lots to do and almost all of it was FREE! Crazy.

The kids played at the park, rode the kiddie train, enjoyed the watermelon feed, watched the firefighter water fights, dunked a guy in the dunk tank (Finn, Korri tried), watched the dance team perform and stopped at the local ice cream shop for treats on the way home! And that was just Friday night!



Saturday, we headed up there in the morning to see what was going on. There was bouncy houses (again, FREE!) for the kids. After that, we headed up to the games area, which turned out to be SO much fun. They got their faces painted (rainbow and a snake) and then it was a mini-carnival area. They had a card and got points for each game they played (I think there were about 15 different games!). At the end, they turned their card in for a prize, a freezie pop and some candy! Again, all free.





By they time they did all the games (or almost all!), we headed home for lunch and naps. Then we headed back to town for the parade. It was a lot more crowded then I thought it would be but after the initial freak-out about the noise (by Finn mainly), it was a lot of fun. I think I'm done going to parades for the year though. I get so sick of Finn having a melt down every time there is a siren or horn or if he gets sprayed by random water. Plus, this was the third parade I took them to, so I think I hit my limit!




We hung out at the park for a bit afterward but it was hot and the kids wanted to go to Grandma's to play, which we did!


It was nice not to be in a rush to get back today. We went to church, which I LOVE doing since it is the church I grew up at and don't make it back there very often. Then we had lunch and played outside for most of the afternoon. Jim was able to help mom with several projects she had around the house, which was a win/win: Mom got stuff done and Jim felt useful! Jim headed back in the early afternoon but the kids and I didn't leave until after 4pm.

Such a great weekend! It would have been more fun for me if I hadn't had a migraine ALL WEEKEND but I dealt with it as best I could (I hope my kidneys/liver are able to recover from all the drugs!). I was super glad for all the help with the kids, that's for sure. Thanks for having us, mom! Hope we didn't overwhelm you too much :) Looking forward to next time.

No comments: