Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, June 8

Shuttle service

Today was the beginning of a new era in our household: I dropped both Bigs off at activities and picked them up when they were done. For the most part up until now, we've always stayed with them, either participating or just waiting until they were done. But not today!

Korri had gymnastics at 5:15pm at the elementary school. I dropped her off (I went in with her, checked her in and talked to the new coach for a minute). Then I headed home to feed Baby. Then I dropped Finn off at Vacation Bible School at our church (again, went in and checked him in) at 6pm, which happens to be two blocks from the school Convenient! Korri was done at 6pm, so I stopped by and picked her up. Then we headed home until I had to go back to church at 8pm to pick up Finn!

I'm so grateful for four things. 1. I didn't have to sit with them for either activity (for a total of what would have been THREE hours)! 2. Both activities were in Waverly near our house AND close to each other. 3. Both kids had NO problem being dropped off without a parent staying (this is HUGE, especially for Finn). 4. They WANT to be in these activities (because I want them to want to do these things!). My babies are growing up and aren't such babies any more!

Finn did say that he wished I could stay and be a parent helper. Awww...I told him I would volunteer next year when I didn't have to worry about feeding Baby. He seemed happy with that. It feels good to be wanted (and I'm sure there aren't too many more times when he'll actually WANT me/us around for things). I know he LOVED it when Jim chaperoned field trips, too.

I had a twinge of nervousness for Korri tonight. I mean, she is a natural when it comes to gymnastics, so I wasn't actually worried BUT the class is for those going into Kindergarten this fall...and she is a year behind that. But I talked with the old coach/teacher and she said Korri would be fine in the class. Plus, this is the class Finn did this spring and if he can do, she certainly can. And it was fine. I chatted with one of the other moms while waiting for it to be done, and she said her daughter and Korri had problems with the cartwheel (something new to this age group) so they asked for help! I was impressed! New week Bible School will be over, so I might stay and watch for a bit. I can't help myself ;)

And I can't forget about Mac. This was his first time in the big boy bath tub (last Monday). Based on his expression, I think he thought it was a pretty big deal!!


No comments: