Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, June 4

Last day as a Kinder

Finn's last day of Kindergarten was today. Where did the year go? It really did fly by and we survived! I know First Grade is a lot harder but I know we can do it. He has grown so much this last year. He is more confident, he's made tons of new friends, he's more mature...and all of that will just continue to change and grow.

Because I have wonderful memories of having friends over or going to friends' houses on the last day of school, I asked if he wanted to have some friends over. Duh, mom! So he invited his three best friends (I couldn't get a hold of his other best friend) Nolan, Landon and Ben; I call them the Four Musteteers. They all road the bus home with Finn from school. I had no idea what I was getting in for...and they are all "good" boys! Just so much energy. Our new neighbor Zach came over to play as well, so it was a full house. Based on all the food they ate at 6 years old, I don't know how we will be able to afford feeding them when they are teenagers!

While mom and dad were exhausted when they left (between 7:30 and 8pm), fun was had by all. And I'm fairly certain they all will sleep really well tonight. Here are some pics:

First day of Kindergarten
Last day of Kindergarten



Finn's teacher, Ms. Thorsen, put together a Kindergarten video of all the photos she's taken throughout the year set to music. It was so amazing to watch. If my reaction to this video is any indication, I will be a blubbering mess at graduation! One of the things I really loved about the video is that is showed how much they actually "played." Some say that Kindergarten (especially all day, every day) is too much for kids so I was really happy to see all the fun and "kids being kids" that they did!

No comments: