Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, June 3

Eyes and PT

Yesterday, Korri, Mac and I headed into the Cities. Korri had her semi-annual eye appt (St. Louis Park) and Mac had PT (Minnetonka). Korri's was at 10:30am and Mac's was at 2:30pm, so it was going to be a long day.

I always am a little cautious when going to Korri's eye appts. I think things are fine but never really know and ALWAYS dread the possibility of having to patch again. But it was all for not...other than Korri really didn't want to go (and it wasn't even a dilation appt!). I had to physically bring her into the room which is not easy to do while holding Mr. Big Mac. So Korri's right eye is the eye that they are concerned about. But the Dr. said that not only is it doing well, he sees improvement even from her appt in Dec! Hooray! That is three appts in a row that they've seen improvement. So she has one more appt in 6 months and then (fingers crossed that everything remains the same or improves) she can go to yearly appts after that! Yay!

Honestly, I'm so happy we caught her eye problem so early and were able to fix it before going to school and before more damage had been done. They don't know what the future holds, but for now, she needs to keep wearing glasses for the foreseeable future. I asked if Mac should be screened (since Korri had this problem) and he said yes, but not until about 2 years old. So I'll have that on my radar for next year. Again, fingers crossed that he doesn't have to patch and doesn't need glasses, too!

After the appt, we went to Target and lunch. I was really proud of Korri. She has a hard time when things change. I'd told her she could get pizza at Target but the freaking Super Target we went to didn't have a cafe! What?!?! So I told her that Subway sometimes have pizza, so let's try that (selfishly because then I could eat a healthy lunch, too!). One the way there, I just told her that they MIGHT not have pizza and asked if she wanted a turkey and cheese sandwich if they didn't. She said yes. AND...they didn't have pizza, she had a turkey and cheese sandwich and she didn't melt down! This was a HUGE thing for her/us. She wears her emotions on her sleeves and in the past, this would have been a disaster. Maybe my emotional mini-me is growing up!!

Mac slept for a while when we were at Subway but not long and was crabby...so I was NOT looking forward to PT. I fed him right before his appt, hoping a full belly would make him happy. It must have worked because he did AMAZING at his appt. His PT kept saying how well he was doing. He really is improving so much, even if we have to show him each tiny little thing to do (like, "this is how you lift up your knee so you can pull to stand, this is how you shift your weight from foot to foot, etc.). But after he's been shown how to do something a few times, he really does catch on. There is so much to work on at home, that I often get overwhelmed and feel like I'm not doing enough. But I do what I can...and like I said, he's improving a ton. Maybe crawling by his birthday? Probably not, but I'll take whatever I can get. I'll be ecstatic if he can transition into and out of sitting!

So I've been saying for about 6 months that I need a baby gate, right? But due to the extremely large opening between the entryway and the living room, I haven't been able to find one that fits under $300! I've been stressing about it and often do research just to give up because there aren't any practical solutions. Well, Mac's home PT said last week that she feels strongly that he won't need a gate for very long because he will most likely learn stairs at the same time he learns to crawl (probably because he is so old?!?!). She said not to get such a big fancy gate and just get one for the basement stairs! Awesome, I can do that...in fact, we might even have one in the garage that will work. I love when my procrastination works out for the better AND saves us money!

That was our big day. We were gone from 9am until 4pm and I was exhausted! On days like this, I wish we lived closer to the Cities but every other day, I'm glad we live where we live ;)

Here is a Subway selfie:

No comments: