Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, June 20

Double second?

Mac had been a little crabby the last couple days. Then on Thursday, I randomly saw him grab his ear. I didn't think too much about it, but it stuck in my head. Then yesterday, he would not sleep in the morning at all, so I decided to take him in to have his ears checked. When he had the infections in May, the doctor didn't think it was necessary to come in for a check to make sure they were fine, so I didn't.

Well, sure enough, he had a double ear infection again yesterday and she said his left one was "nasty." Poor guy. Is it a new infection? Is it the same as the one last month that never cleared up? Was there fluid that caused another infection? There's no way to tell. She put him on a stronger antibiotic (Cefdinir) and since his one year (gasp!) well child is next month, she'll re-check them then.

I really hope this medicine clears it up for good. She said it isn't very common to get ear infections in the summer because of having fewer colds. But Mac hasn't had a cold with either of the infections. On the bright side, he really seems to weather them well. I mean, I ALMOST canceled the appointment yesterday because he just didn't seem like anything was really wrong. But since we were going into the weekend, I hate wondering if something is wrong and having to wait until Monday to find out (or finding an Urgent Care that is open). So, there you have it.

I really really REALLY hope he doesn't take after his big brother or daddy with their ear problems. I know ear infections are super common and even getting tubes is, but I just don't want to have that hurdle to jump, too. Plus, Jim had such major ear issues as a child that he still suffers the effects now as an adult. I don't wish that for my baby (or anyone, really).

So, we wait and see. I will pray that all is cleared up at his well-child appt and that this is his last ear infection for a long time.

This was Mac yesterday. Gee, he looks super sick, doesn't he?!?! LOL


No comments: