Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, June 24

"Chasing"

Today was the first day that I had to chase Mac around! Okay, I might be exaggerating a little (or a LOT) but he was movin' and shakin'! We were at t-ball practice and I've been bringing the blanket, plopping him down and giving him a baseball and helmet to play with. But today, he kept scooting forward to play in the dirt and eat the grass and old sunflower seeds! I mean, I had to move him back to the middle of the blanket at least five times! That is MAJOR in our world. I couldn't really figure out HOW he was doing it because it wasn't a "traditional" scoot (push legs out front, push down and pull butt forward) but however he was doing it, he was definitely mobile.

Now before I get comments from all you moms out there who actually have movers and shakers, I get it. He wasn't actually "going" anywhere and I wasn't running after him. But I still had a moment where I thought, "this is happening! It won't be long before I AM chasing him all around!" I haven't felt that way, well, ever yet with him. It felt good and scary all at the same time.

Oh the places you'll go, Mac! I can't wait to see where they'll be!

A fun little montage of Mac with Finn's sunglasses "on" this morning.
 

 
You know what they say about his bright future...

No comments: