Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, May 13

Two more makes four

So Mac hasn't been feeling 100% since Sunday but other than throwing up a couple times on Sunday and a low grade fever, he hasn't had any other symptoms other than you can tell he just wasn't feeling well. How's that for specific?!?! LOL

Well, I think I found out the reason this morning:

It is hard to see in the picture but his lower lateral incisors (yes, I had to google that!) came in over night! The ones highlighted in orange below:

I'd been checking because I thought the top two were coming in but it was the bottom ones! They still have a ways to go but they've broken through, so hopefully he will have some relief.

Typically, the top four would have been next before these, but Mac likes to do things his own way, in his own time! Although I'm fairly certain his top ones aren't far behind...so maybe we'll have a flurry of teeth activity and then get a break?!?! One can only hope :)

Overall, I think he weathered it fairly well. My memory could be clouded but I think Finn and Korri were MUCH worse when teething. Again, one can only hope that he continues like this!!

Side note since we are talking about teeth: Finn has a wonky shaped mouth, jaw and teeth. There isn't much if anything we can do until he is older, however, he said that it hurts where his tooth is growing in! I'm hoping it is "normal" growing in pain and not because there isn't room and it is pushing up on the one next to it! Argh. Also, I think my mom should pay for Finn's dental work (or at least half!) since she never spent a penny on my mouth other than routine dental care! Only fair, right?

No comments: