Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, May 11

Nighty night

Two sleep updates:

First, Mac is no longer swaddled...even at NIGHT! As I mentioned before, I'd started not swaddling him during naps and he seemed to do fine (maybe he fussed a little more at first but seemed to sleep fine for the most part). So Friday night, I had a flash of bravery as I was feeding him before bed and I just laid him down without swaddling him. I didn't even tell Jim because I didn't want to jinx it. Lo and behold...he did fine! And hasn't been swaddled since. So happy to be done with them! We've come a long way from the days of sleeping in the swing with a pacifier and being swaddled!

Second, Mac now actually and truly sleeps through the night! I know doctors say if they sleep 5-6 hours without waking, that is "through the night" but boo on that! He goes to sleep around 8pm and wakes up at 7am! I think this is in large part (or ALL part!) to laying him down without his pacifier. Sleep training was/is the worst, but at least in our case, it actually worked. I still leave his pacifier clipped to his pj's in case he wants to put it in himself, but he usually falls asleep without it (I usually still give it to him for naps...because it is easier...lame, I know!). I'm so happy. Part of me wonders if he really doesn't wake up or if, because the doctor gave me "permission" not to get up with him, if I don't hear him any more. I kind of doubt it, but maybe! Regardless, we are both getting more sleep and it is wonderful.

Now I just need to figure out how to have him wake up at 6:30 or 7:30 because 7:00 is time to get kids ready for school and on the bus! It's always something, but this I can handle! This morning I just fed baby in the office (by the front door) while Finn waited for the bus. It is harder when Korri has school too.

Here's a picture of Korri all dressed up for Mother's Day:

And here is a picture of Finn's crazy hair. I THINK somebody needs a hair cut!

No comments: