Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, May 8

It's time

On many fronts, I guess. So Tuesday, I decided it was time to try to lay Mac down for his afternoon nap without being swaddled. I was very brave about it but didn't think he would go to sleep. He did, but not for long and then he was crying a lot. Weird. So after a bit, I went up there thinking he just wasn't tired and I found...his leg stuck in the slats of the crib! Poor guy. I got it out easily enough and the circulation was fine, but I felt terrible. AND...that means he tried to roll over in there!

That means it was also time to do two things most parents have to do many (MANY!) months earlier: 1. lift up the crib railing to its highest slot and 2. put the mesh bumper around the railings!

I really love the fact that we bought our crib just MONTHS before they stopped making adjustable crib railings (at least they did for a while, I don't know if they do again). When baby is little, it is so nice to be able to bend over and put them down gently and snuggle a second. But once they start rolling, it has to be up all the way...which is obviously just starting to happen at our house.

Also, I didn't see the point in having a bumper until he was mobile because there really isn't a need. The big fluffy ones are a danger on many levels and the safe ones aren't needed early on. I didn't even think that he could (let alone WOULD) get his leg stuck in there. Thankfully, I have the breathable bumper, so Jim and I put that on and I feel much better about it.

Now my almost 10 month old can sleep safely! LOL. The good news is that he is unswaddled for naps (most of the time) now which means it is (almost) time to do it at night too! Hopefully we can say "goodbye" to the swaddlers before too long!

And this was from yesterday morning (even studs need to sleep):


No comments: