Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, May 26

First is a double

Mac's had a low grade fever since Saturday but really no other symptoms. Both Jim and I just thought it was teething, but when he woke up this morning with it (making this the fourth day!), I decided to take him in. I knew it would be nothing, but I'd rather the doctor tell me than keep wondering. Yet again, our wonderful clinic was able to get us in right away in the morning (and even with OUR doctor!).

She listened to the symptoms and said that her schedule looks like it is December with all the fever and cold symptoms! So much for spring, huh? She didn't think it was anything but checked him over just to be sure.

And sure enough, he has a double ear infection! She was shocked (she said so but I could see it in her face as well). It is rare to have an ear infection with no other cold-like symptoms to start the infection. I am SO glad I brought him in. All things considered, he weathered it really well. Like I said, I really didn't think it was anything.

This is Mac's first ear infection(s). I am hoping (and praying!) that it is isolated and just a one time thing. Finn started about this age and after five years and two sets of tubes, seems to have outgrown ear infections (fingers crossed). Korri has had one ear infection, I believe. Hopefully Mac copies his sister when it comes to these!

Oh and they weighed him. He weight TWENTY pounds! He's gained almost two POUNDS since his 9 month well child a month ago. I thought he'd filled out a bit in this month's picture. I guess he likes food! His actual weight (clothed) was 20 lbs 3 oz. Crazy.

My sicky (from yesterday):




No comments: