Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Sunday, May 31

First Dance Recital

Korri had her first dance recital yesterday. I don't know who was more excited, her or me?!?! She's worked so hard over the last 8 or so months and I couldn't wait to see her perform in her cute costumes! She had to have a slicked back low curly ponytail and was supposed to wear eye shadow, blush and lipstick. Um, she's four, so I just put some of my lipstick on her (which she LOVED) and called it a day!

There was a show at 11am and 2pm. While I was super excited to see her do her two numbers, I thought the rest of the recital would be boring, since I didn't know any of those girls. I was WRONG! It was so good that both Finn and Jim decided to come back for the second one!

Korri's ballet number was called "My Mother" and her tap number was "Broadway Baby." I ordered the DVD, so I'll post the videos on our picture website when I get that. For now, here are some pictures of our budding dancer.
She got roses from NeNe, Memere, Daddy and auntie Kristine. She LOVED them!
Ballet, she is in the middle, second from right.
Tap, she is third from right.
Korri with Ms. Nancy, her dance teacher.
I have to say, she did a great job! She kept watching the other girls to make sure she was doing it right, BUT at class, the teacher was always in front, so she could watch her. This morning, daddy played her ballet song at home and she did the whole routine! Now I just hope the stars align and she can do dance next year (her class is at 3:45, so if I'm working outside the home, it would be really tough to make it work!).

Also, it doesn't seem like enough, but a huge, heart-felt thank you to Memere, Grandpa Ron, NeNe, Grandma, Auntie Kristine, Stacey and Dillon for making Korri a priority and coming to her show. It meant a lot to me personally but it meant the WORLD to her. I know everybody is busy and as they get older, there are more and more activities to attend, but this was her first and you all will be part of that memory forever. Seriously, thank you!!

No comments: