Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, May 27

Curly Cue

So a while back, I mentioned that I am hair challenged. I'd actually say I'm "girly" challenged. That being said, I was determined to do something cute with Korri's hair for her dance pictures and her recital. We did the crown braid, which you all agree, turned out pretty darn good (and I DO say so myself!). Then I got "the bunmaker" and had NO hopes of it actually working. But that worked too and looked great. Perfect, I have two options for her recital, right?

Until last week when the dance teacher said that all the girls have to have a low pony tail with curls! Wait, I wasn't planning for that! And I don't own a curling iron (remember, I'm hair challenged, so what's the point?!?!). So I just figured I'd put her hair in lots of little braids the night before and it would at least have some curls.

But it kept nagging on the back of my mind. So when Korri and I were at Target this weekend picking out nail polish (she earned nail polish because she stopped picking at her nails long enough for them to grow out enough to need to be cut!! This is HUGE in our world, hence the nail polish), I figured I'd just look at the hair aisle. I couldn't find a super small curling iron (must not be the 90's any more!) but I did find soft rollers. So I got them.

Well, last night was our trial run. Again, I had no hope that 1. I would put them in right so they'd actually STAY in all night. 2. That she would leave them in when she went to sleep because I knew they'd be a little uncomfortable and 3. That her hair would actually be curly when they came out in the morning.

Here is the result:



Again, I think it was a success! I'm glad we did a trial run because I learned a few things I'll do differently on Friday night. First, we don't need curlers in the front because her hair needs to be slicked back to a low pony. Second, I'll only use the small curlers because the bigger ones I used in the back didn't curl as much (and they need to last for two shows!). Third, I'll probably put a little hair spray before/while I'm wrapping the curls but then not again until after the ponytail has been made (it turned into a tangle-y mess after I sprayed it, hence the messy pony). If it falls after the first performance, I won't have a back up, but at least it should look good for for the 11am show!

Maybe for Korri's sake, I'll actually figure out this girly stuff. Because of course, God would bless me with a girly girl! I'd better start preparing for when she wants to wear makeup because if it involves more than lipstick and eye liner, I'm completely hopeless!! Also, the weird thing? I've actually really enjoyed trying out these different hair styles with her. Kind of fun mommy/daughter time.

Reminder what the braid and bun looked like:


No comments: