Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, April 3

Spring Break, baby!

This is our first official spring break, since this is the first year Finn is in school.

Monday started out with dentist appointments for the Bigs. They went well although we ended up with three cavities total (Finn=2 and Korri=1...a first for both).

We know we wanted to do something special but weren't sure what we wanted to do. We narrowed it down to either taking the train to Winona or going to the Holiday Inn in Maple Grove, where they have a water park. And last minute (as in Monday late morning when we were getting ready to go to PT for Finn) we/Jim decided the water park it would be!

It worked out great because Jim dropped Finn and I off at PT and he took the Littles (ha, i.e. Korri and Mac) to check in and get things situated. PT went really well, as usual. Then Jim picked us up and we went to the hotel to...what else...swim! I wish I'd logged their hours in the pool because it was probably 12 hours in two and a half days! Also, we got the "kids" room which has a little alcove with bunk beds in it! It was perfect for our family.

The water park isn't open during the week but that didn't matter to my kids, who are too small for most of that anyway. And the best part? At times, we were the ONLY ones in the pool area. If you've been to this hotel before on the weekend, you will know how crazy that is. It is packed wall-to-wall on the weekends. Auntie Kristine and Zander joined us to swim and for dinner on Monday night, which was a special treat for us.

Tuesday, we swam in the morning and then Jim and Korri went to Buffalo for an appointment. Finn, Mac and I walked over to Creative Kids Place so Finn could play with some toys and I could pick up a few Easter things. Did I mention that we WALKED over there? It was absolutely GORGEOUS outside, although very windy. When Jim and Korri got back, they went swimming while Mac and I did some shopping. I left the stroller at the hotel. Big mistake! Oh, my aching back. LOL. I scored big at Children's Place and the Dollar store.

And since Jim and I were up with Mac probably 10 times Monday night, I decided I was going to go home and sleep with Mac after the Bigs went to bed. The best decision ever. Mac slept great, I got to sleep in, the Bigs had a lazy morning with daddy at the hotel. It was perfect.

We had a late check out Wed morning, Then we went to lunch at Chipotle, made a trip to Costco and headed home. It was a great little stay-cation. It was nice that there is so much right there by the hotel and that we were a little over half an hour from home. I think we'll be doing that again. Plus, pretty cheap spring break if you look at what alternatives would have been.

Once we got home, we went in to cleaning mode. We are having the Smith Clan (my mom's family) over for Easter, so we had major picking up and cleaning to do. It is always stressful to get ready when hosting an event but if we don't have people over, we never seem to get to those projects that need to be done! So thanks to my family for making me clean my house! LOL.

Thursday I was hoping to take the kids to the park or something fun outside but it was so windy, I'm pretty sure they would have blown away. Holy windy! So we just stuck around home instead.

And today, we've continued to work on the list of things to do before tomorrow. Thankfully, we aren't having people over until the afternoon, so we have time to do the last minute stuff tomorrow. Overall, I think it was a fun spring break. I loved having all the kids around and they actually got along pretty well. Back to reality on Monday.

No comments: