Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, April 4

Hail, Hail, the Gangs All Here

Well, almost! My sisters and I hosted my mom's family for Easter today at our house. My mom is one of 8 kids (yikes, I know!). So for Easter, each year the children of one of my mom's siblings (in chronological age, to keep it simple) hosts Easter. We started this when it got to be a little too much for Grandma and Grandpa to host everybody at their house. Plus it gets us to all the cousin's houses.

In total, there were 53 people here. My mom and I totaled it up last night and we think there are 72 total (this is aunts, uncles, cousins and cousins' kids, oh, and grandma and grandpa, of course!), but 6 live out of state. So, of the people who live in MN, we had an 80% attendance! I'd say that is pretty amazing, especially considering how big our family is and how busy everybody is.

I was happy to see everybody who did come! It is so funny how the family dynamic changes over the years. For a while, there were tons of little kids and no tweens or teens. Now there are tons of really little kids and tweens and teens again! One thing is for sure, kids just keep on growing up!

I always stress out before having people over and wonder why we do. But it feels SO good to get to those projects that just never seem to get crossed off the "to do" list until there is a "reason" that you have to. My sisters and I made hot sandwiches, which seemed to be a big hit. But even that was easy since we didn't have to make a big feast, like you do for Thanksgiving.

And I forgot to take my camera out and take pictures. Major bummer. But I did get one of Mac and his new friend and second cousin Isabelle, playing together (i.e. Isabelle trying to take his pacifier!!). LOL.

In a time when everybody is so busy and it is hard to get together, especially when you do have such a large family, I just wanted to say thank you to everybody who came yesterday. It really and truly was great to see each one of you and I know it also meant a lot to Grandma and Grandpa to have so many of us under one roof. May you all have a joyous Easter and blessings in the year that follows.

No comments: