Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Sunday, April 12

Day of birthdays!

Yesterday was a busy day filled with lots of family, friends and fun (and running!). The day started out exceptionally early for Jim AND for a Saturday. He was up and gone around 6am for the Goldie 5K run, his first 5K. He'd trained and was ready, but I don't think he was ready for the early time! He had a good time and other than he felt that the race being crowded so he couldn't get a really good time, I think he did amazing. He finished 32 minutes and 6 seconds for his first 5K...that is pretty amazing. I think he has the bug, since he told me there was another 5K this coming weekend in Waconia! Um, how about you just run 3.2 miles by our house instead? It is MUCH cheaper! He is taking a little break from running and doing the Insanity program (hopefully he doesn't die!). That program is 60 days and then he will start training for the Cornfest 10K in August. Side note: I'm really bummed that I can't be training and running with him. Darn knee!!

On the kids and my agenda for the morning was Laena and Braeland's birthday party! As we were getting ready to leave, Jim got home from the race and was able to go with...what a nice surprise. I had the pleasure and honor of making the twins' cakes again this year. I sent Sharon lots of ideas and she picked one that I've been wanting to do...a pinata cake! Basically it is a round cake (baked in a Pyrex mixing bowl) with the middle hollowed out and with candy inside! What a neat idea...but I wasn't exactly sure HOW I was going to do it. I shouldn't have worried as it was fairly straight forward and other than the fact that frosting a sphere is NOT easy, they weren't too tough.

Laena picked white cake with vanilla frosting and jelly beans!

Braeland picks chocolate cake with chocolate/peanut butter frosting and Reese's Pieces!

And the prize inside (it was a HUGE hit at the party):
 

The kids played pin the nose on the clown and also did a real pinata outside. It was so much fun and the weather was absolutely beautiful. So glad we were invited to help these two special kiddos celebrate their birthday.

Then we were off to St. Cloud of Austin's super special birthday party...his GOLDEN birthday. Nine on the ninth. Again, because of the beautiful weather, I'm pretty sure my kids came in just enough to eat and watch Austin open presents...otherwise they were outside pretty much all day!

In honor of Austin's special birthday, I got him a "golden" themed present...everything was gold in color or name. I think he liked it.

However, I didn't think it through with the gold filler in the bag. Oops! The kids kind of took it and threw it everywhere. Sorry, Becky!!

Mac ended up getting a fever while we were there and after spending most of the day in Auntie NaeNae's arms, he fell asleep on Grandma. I told Grandma she should cherish the moment because he hardly EVER does that any more!

Also, happy birthday to uncle John and our friend Brody! Like I said, a busy birthday weekend!!

No comments: