Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, April 27

4 awesome; 9 terrible

Yesterday Korri, Mac and I had the pleasure of spending the evening at a park in Wayzata with our friend Jess. Jess was taking Korri's 4 year pictures and Mac's 9 month. We could NOT have asked for better weather, especially given the weather the week leading up to this weekend. It was sunny and in the low 60's! Hey, for April in MN, we'll take it!

It didn't start out well, as Korri cut her foot on a stick immediately when we got there. And of course, mom of the year (me!), could not find a bandaid ANYWHERE. But I think Korri fell in love with Jess about two second after seeing her, so that helped a lot. Gee, you'd think Jess works with 4 year olds or something...oh wait! Eventually, the cut was forgotten once Korri put her cowgirl boots on (out of sight, out of mind) and she tried to teach Jess how to dance. I didn't get to see it, but apparently Jess' dance skills left a lot to be desired ;)

Then we couldn't find a lot of shade, but Jess still managed to get some pretty good shots (or at least she thinks...haha!). There was one where Korri was dipping her bare foot into the water...hope that one turned out!! Then Korri had to go potty and the bathrooms weren't open for the season yet (again, April in MN!). Jess was NOT worried about having "enough" good ones of Korri. What a ham! And a natural poser, which surprised me a bit.

And then there was Mac. Normally he is super smiley and loves the outdoors but I think he was a bit overwhelmed and did NOT want to be put down, let alone have Jess take his picture. I mean, I've worked hard to get smiles in the past but this just wasn't happening. I know we got him to smile once, so I'll take it. Poor Jess...she probably thinks my kids hate her! I always think I should have her secretly come to my house and take pictures without them knowing! LOL

Here is the perfect picture for how Mac felt last night (if only he'd been giving her the finger to match the face!):

At least he's still cute, even when pissed! Hopefully he is a bit more relaxed and friendly at his one year pictures.

No comments: