Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, March 16

What a weekend-Saturday

On Saturday the kids were up right at 7 (I think they even slept until then because they seemed sleepy when they came into our room). I was volunteering at Finn's school for kindergarten registration so Jim was on his own with all four kids for about two and a half hours. They all survived, although the house looked a little rough when I got back!


Then auntie and Zachary came over, we had lunch, played outside for a bit and then went to the Waverly St. Patty's Day parade! We hadn't gone before and I didn't know what to expect or even where the parade route was. Jim stayed home (but joined us later) and Kristine and I winged it! It all worked out and we could NOT have ordered better weather for mid-March in Minnesota (60 degrees and sunny!)!


Here are the kids waiting for the parade to start. Left to right: Zachary, Zander, Finn, Korri and Mac! The parade was the perfect length...it maybe lasted half an hour?!?! The kids got some candy and were happy. We ran into Korri's best friend, Aubrey, from preschool, so they sat with us during the parade, which was fun for all the kids.

  

After the parade, the Waverly boosters sponsored activities at the Village Hall. Here the kids are decorating shamrock cookies. I made the mistake of telling Korri there was face painting, but I think it was in the basement and we had strollers and it was a zoo. She was very disappointed to say the least. Korri and Zander did the hula hoop contest, which was cute to watch. There were crafts and games, too, but we decided to head home and play outside instead. It was a very well done event that I plan to go to again for sure!

And then to top the day off (and how I bribed her to leave the Village Hall without face paint), Korri and I went to her first movie in a movie theater...Cinderella! I posted about that experience separately, if you want more details. Bottom line: we both had so much fun spending time alone together, the movie was good and I think Korri loved the theater.


I got two breaks away from baby on Saturday. I love that little man, but I NEEDED the time away. I finally felt like a normal human, doing normal human things. Breastfeeding really has its advantages but man, sometimes it feels like you have an anchor tied around your neck. And for the first time in a while, I got reports that little man was, if not good, then at least decent while I was away, which makes it easier for me. I won't be breastfeeding forever and will be melancholy about it when Mac is done but I do look forward to days to come when there is more flexibility and freedom (and maybe, dare I say...alone time?!?!).

No comments: