Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, March 24

Gone today, hair tomorrow

One year ago today, Korri (with the help of her big brother) cut her own hair. While it traumatized me at the time, we all survived (and it hasn't happened again, knock on wood!).

Here is her hair then (after auntie NaeNae "fixed" it as best she could!):

Here it is now:

See, hair really does grow back! (holy cow she looks a lot older now!) I'd say it is about 6 inches longer now, give or take. You can still see the pieces she cut out, but they blend in a lot better than they did. Korri is growing her hair out so she can wear a bun for her dance recital in May (duh, of course!). I'm working on having her think it would be a good idea to cut it to even it out after the recital so all the pieces are back to "normal" and all evidence of this event is gone. We'll see! Although, if I say she can have fun with auntie and go to her salon, I don't think it will be a hard sell.

Here's to a good reminder that (almost) everything your kids do is temporary or can be fixed...and as parents, we WILL survive!

UPDATE: I mentioned cutting her hair to her and she said, "No, way! I want a bun next year at my dance recital!" Hmmm...she didn't seem to believe me when I said it would grow back!

No comments: