Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Sunday, March 15

Cinderella: Have Courage and Be Kind

I had the privilege of taking Korri to her first movie in a movie theater yesterday and of COURSE, we went to see Cinderella (it helped that I wanted to see it too!). I wasn't sure how the outing would go because we had a BUSY morning and no chance to nap. But she did great!

On the way there, she asked me if we could push the couches together so we could sit by each other! I love that she had NO idea what a theater was. I told her there weren't couches but rather seats and we could sit next to each other. I also prepared her for the chance that it was sold out because I didn't want the fall out if it were. I told her if all the tickets were already bought, we'd do something else fun today and go back to the movie another day. She was like, "okay." I needn't have worried as there were less than 30 people there but it was a weird time (4:45pm) so I think sooner or later would have been busier. Perfect for us! She was very relieved once we had our seats and every time more people came in, she was like, "Oh, yay, they made it in time!"

She forgot her Cinderella doll in the van, so we went back out to get it (after I asked how full the theater would be!). When we walked back in, I'd already told her she could pick out some treats and I showed her that they had a kid's "meal" with popcorn, pop and candy. She walks up to the counter and says, "I'll have skittles and an Ice-ee please!" Alrighty then, skittles and an Ice-ee it is!

She did GREAT during the movie. She kept going back and forth from the edge of her seat to my lap (which I LOVED by the way). She asked questions all through the movie, but I let her. It is a kid's movie and there were very few people there for her to bother (and nobody right by us).

Overall, the movie was really good (I LOVE the actors who played Cinderella and the Prince). Even though mommy warned her about it, Korri ended up getting an upset tummy from eating too many skittles during the movie, so we just went home after instead of going out for ice cream. I told her we'd do that another time.

I LOVE LOVE LOVED spending the one-on-one time with her. Since Mac was born, I haven't done it at all (with either Big). She was so well behaved and I THINK thoroughly enjoyed herself (she was a little tight lipped about her experience after, but I think she was still just taking it all in). I can't wait for our next date!




Kind of a neat side note: Jim's first movie in a theater was Snow White (mine might have been too but I don't remember) and now Korri's was Cinderella. Full circle!

No comments: