Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, February 24

Two out of three

I was positive that Mac had strep. The doctor said his throat looked bad (red, irritated and spotty) and both Bigs have/had it. And then starting about 8pm last night, Mac was a BEAR! He wouldn't sleep. He wouldn't snuggle. He wouldn't calm down (for long anyway). Jim was up with him for a while. Then I was up with him pretty much from 12:30 to 3, at which time I decided to shut the monitor off. I'd gotten him to sleep and I HAD to get some sleep. I woke up at 5:30 and turned the monitor back on. He was up before 6am...so those of you counting, I believe that is a little over 4 hours of sleep for me. Argh.

I called the doctor at 8:01am (the lab opens at 8!) and low and behold...the 24 hour culture was negative for strep! Crazy. He must just have a bug or something. I've been trying to give him ibuprofen regularly and that seems to be helping today. He is much happier but still isn't sleeping very well. He kept twitching his body (which leads me to believe he is achy), his tummy was rumbly all night and his nose is pretty stuffy. I hope it passes quickly, whatever it is.

But on the bright side, I was able to take him in for his schedule flu booster this morning and he was a champ. I mean, after FIVE shots at his last well child, I guess he didn't think one little one was a big deal. He cried for MAYBE five seconds (he stopped almost before I could even pick him up). Tough little guy.

On a very happy note, he now weighs 18 lbs 6 oz and is in the 46th percentile! That is almost a full two pounds heavier than he was at his 6 month well child (he was 16 lbs 11 oz and 32nd%)! I didn't talk with the doctor but I think she will be very happy with those results. I could tell just by looking at him that he'd gained some of his weight back. Yay. His next doctor visit (hopefully) will be his 9 month well child.

Update on Finn: he was feeling much better this morning and since he was no longer contagious, went to school. I picked out very comfy clothes for him to wear and told him to actually rest at rest time (yea right!). Hopefully he has a good day.

No cute pics today. Too busy taking care of sick kids!

No comments: