Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, February 14

Toothless

Today was the beginning of a new era in the Thomas household...Finn lost his first tooth! His bottom front left tooth. Toothless is in reference to his new favorite movie (How to Train Your Dragon 1 or 2) and now he is too.

It had been loose for days. It was to the point where we had no idea how it was still hanging on. I bribed him one morning last week with TEN marks (he gets marks for doing things, saves them up and gets to get something special with them after so many). Ten is a lot. If he pulled it out or let Daddy before the bus came, he'd get 10 marks. Nope. His teacher emailed me yesterday and I was hoping it was to tell me his tooth fell out. Nope. Finally, this morning during Korri's swimming lessons, I told him he could have ice cream with lunch if he let Daddy pull it out before Korri's lesson was over. Ah...I found his "currency!" He and daddy went in to the locker room (because even though I knew it would come out with a whisper of a breath, I also knew Finn was going to have a hard time with it...i.e. cry). They came back a few minutes later...with teary eyes and a gap in his smile!

As most of you know, I HATE teeth. Or at least loose teeth that come out of your mouth. Pretty, clean adult teeth are fine. While I'm glad this tooth is out, I'm a little disturbed that it is the first of many (he has another one next to it that is now also loose!). I'll survive. That's what mom's do. However in this house, teeth are dad's job. I feel like losing teeth is such a "big kid" thing to do. My baby ain't no baby no more. Hmmm...what will be his next milestone? I don't know, but he is growing up way too quickly. And for how much I hate the act of losing teeth, the hole left behind sure is cute! He kept sticking his french fry through it at lunch. Great! Boys will be boys.

Before:

After:

(For the record, we aren't beating him up. He got scratched at school and scraped his face on the table this morning. How? I have no idea!)

No comments: