Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, February 23

Another trip

And this morning was Finn and Mac's turn! Finn was very tired yesterday afternoon, but I thought it was just from spending an overnight with Austin and playing so hard (he isn't used to keeping up with an active 8 year old after all!). But he was complaining about his knees aching and by bedtime, he had a fever. I decided I would call the dr right when they opened and get him in for a strep test, even though he wasn't complaining of a sore throat.

Well, when he woke up this morning, his throat hurt, too! Plus, your joints can be achy with strep, so I was pretty sure he had it. And since we were going in, I made an appt for Mac, too (he can't just get a strep test because of his age, but they were able to get us in at 8:30!!). Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE our clinic? Yes? Well, I do!

Finn's strep came back right away as positive. And since Finn's was positive, they swabbed Mac. While we waited for those results, the doctor looked Mac over and said he looked fine until she looked at his throat. I believe her words were, "oh, that doesn't look good." But (thankfully?!?!) his quick strep came back negative. We are scheduled to go in tomorrow anyway for his flu booster, so I'll call before we go to see if the 24 hour test is still negative (the dr really thinks he has it too, even though it is rare for an infant to get strep...it can happen!).

For those of you who are counting, that will be three of three days we've been to the doctor's office! I think that is a record for us. But I'd rather know and get them treated as soon as possible. I have to say (not surprisingly, I guess) that Korri is much "tougher" than Finn. She handled all of it with hardly ANY complaints at all. She didn't even gag when they swabbed her and it makes me gag just watching it. Her only complaint was the medicine because it didn't taste great. Oh, my...Finn complained the whole time and about everything! I think illnesses affect him a little harder than they do Korri, but still! I mean, he complained about buckling his seat before we even left the house!

Anyway, he took a monster nap today (even though he SWORE he wasn't tired), so hopefully that combined with the meds, he will be well on his way to recovery. And here's hoping that Mac doesn't have it or get it!


Update: Mac's 24 hour culture came back negative for strep. So yay!

No comments: