Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, December 20

Done!?

I feel accomplished. I only need to buy ONE gift (have to go to a specialty store in St. Paul, which I'm planning on doing Monday). I'm waiting for one gift to arrive (like I did with 90% of our gifts this year, I ordered it online). And I need to mail two gifts. Otherwise, ALL gifts are wrapped and under the tree!  Done? Obviously not quite, but I'm calling it. I can safely say, this is the earliest I've been done, probably ever (certainly since we've had kids). The only thing left is to "bedazzle" the gifts, which Jim does, so that isn't on my "to do" list. Sweet!! (I mean, who are we kidding...I'll help, of course!)

Oh, and I found a "how to" video that changed how I wrap presents forever...how to wrap odd shaped gifts. I only wish I'd found it before I was practically done wrapping this year! So, I LOVE wrapping presents...square box presents, that is. I HATE (with the fiery passion of a 1,000 suns) wrapping unboxed or weird or round or anything other than box shaped gifts. I mean, let's face it...by the time you're done, it looks like your preschooler wrapped it and she probably would have done a better job!

Here is the video:

http://meredithvieirashow.com/videos/sysk-wrapping-oddly-shaped-gifts/

And here is my first attempt:

I think it looks pretty good if I say so myself...and I do! (Santa will get the wrapping credit for this one, but I'm perfectly okay with that). The hardest part is to figure out how much paper you need. Both times I had too much, but I guess that's better than not enough. You can thank me after you wrap your first odd shaped present this year and it looks like it was gift wrapped by a professional instead of a preschooler!

Oddly enough, we have NO plans for this entire weekend. You'd think this would be one of the busiest weekends. Love it. The only thing on our agenda is to decorate a gingerbread house and make birdseed ornaments for outside on the trees! Jealous? Oh and Korri and I might go get our nails done. I mean, girls gotta do, what girls gotta do!

No comments: