Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, November 20

I luv my mom

We had our first Donuts for Dads/Muffins for Moms at school this morning. We had to be there at 7:30am...holy early! All five of us went together. I didn't know what to expect other than I was expecting complete chaos. But other than being very crowded, it wasn't too bad!

We got there and put both kids winter stuff in their lockers. Korri went with us until her preschool started. Then we went back to the lunch room area and got in line. Jim took Baby in the carseat to get us a seat and to not have to lug the carseat around. I took both kids to get their muffin or donuts (apparently dads don't have to only have donuts and moms don't have to only have muffins...lol!). We sat down at the table and I noticed there were hand colored place mats.

We settled in and then Finn said that the place mat at my place was the one he did. I looked at it and this is what I saw:

I don't think it gets any sweeter than that. Talk about melting my heart. There are so many things I love about this. Obviously the message, but also his writing, his ability to write a sentence and even the misspelling. I will cherish this forever (I left it there but probably should have stolen it! A picture will have to do).

We struggle with parenting Finn and his attitude a lot (I received my first phone call from his teacher the day before and wasn't feeling too good about a lot of things). I feel like I do nothing right most of the time and I'm pretty sure I yell more than I speak normally. But then I see something like this and it gives me hope that he doesn't hold it against me and loves me so much. I'm not perfect but maybe I'm the perfect parent for him. I needed this pick me up and reminder.

After breakfast, Korri went to her class and we went to Finn's room to have some Free Choice time. After that, we went to an assembly on "teasing." They had different animals and the messages was really good. I'm really glad we went. I never knew how much work parenting a school-aged child would be (homework, conferences, phone calls, volunteering, field trips, etc), but man, I love all of it, too. Here's to many more muffins and donuts together!

No comments: