Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Sunday, November 30

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving from our little turkeys to yours!


We definitely had a good Thanksgiving holiday. It started out last Saturday at my aunt Vicky's for my dad's family Thanksgiving/Christmas celebration. I'm so glad we were able to go. We ended up staying in town over night because we stayed later than planned and daddy wasn't in any condition to drive and mommy was too tired! Oh, well. The kids liked the little adventure.

Then we had my sisters, their families and my mom over on Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is Jim's favorite holiday and he goes ALL out! There were 15 of us and he made three turkeys: oven roasted (brined first), rotisserie and deep fried (the last two were injected with creole butter!). They were super yummy. We ate later in the day to accommodate nap time. The only downside? Not having enough time between eating the meal and dessert time!

Then yesterday we headed over to DeAnn's for the Thomas Thanksgiving. She went all out, as usual and it was fabulous. The kids just LOVE it at her house. Mac had a tough day (I think it was tummy issues), but thankfully Memere took care of him most of the day for me, which was much appreciated (DeAnn wasn't feeling 100% so I'm sure it killed her to not get her share of Mac time). We were sad to miss the Smith gathering at my aunt Karen's but unfortunately we can't be in two places at once.

We got home last night, the kids watched the end of the Gopher football game with Jim (tough loss!) while I finished cleaning up the kitchen from Thursday (yes, a little delayed, I know!). Then Jim got out the karaoke and we sang for a LONG time. We all loved that, even Mac, who chose to sing along to a few songs!

We hope that all of you had just as wonderful of a holiday as we did, surrounded by those you cherish most. Now, on to the Christmas season (my favorite!). For the first time in years, I didn't go out on Black Friday. So many of the deals were online with free shipping and to be honest, I was underwhelmed with the deals this year at most stores. And, I've been shopping for a month or two, so I don't have that much left! Sweet. Now I can just enjoy all the Christmas activities.

No comments: