Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Saturday, November 15

G to the B in '14

Ha, I stole the title from Stacey, but I don't think she will sue me over it! On Friday night, DeAnn, Stacey and I went to the Garth Brooks concert at the Target Center...and it was phenomenal. I saw him last time he was in town in 1998 and it was everything I remembered and more. I didn't pull out my CDs before going, at the beginning of almost every song, we were like, "Oh, THIS is my favorite!"

Stacey dropped D off at our house (yes, Daddy Daycare was full with FOUR kids for the night!) and then we met DeAnn in SLP before heading downtown. Traffic was awful, but we didn't have too far to go. Once there, the walk from the parking ramp was frigid but I barely noticed because I was SO excited.

I can not believe how many people were there and this was only one of ELEVEN shows he did! There is nobody else like him. Can you imagine another artist taking a FIFTEEN year break from music, announce a comeback tour and sell out ELEVEN shows in one venue? Crazy. They said he sold over 200,000 tickets, which was a record for him and the Target Center, smashing his previous record of 162,000, which happened to be the last time he was in town. Again, crazy!

It was so good to get out and just have fun. I always worry about leaving baby for so long (I think it was right around 6 hours), but he takes a bottle without any problems, so I need not worry. I even had a drink while there and it was fabulous! Oh and the cup was in the shape of a guitar, so I had to bring that home for the Bigs.

If you didn't go, I highly recommend it next time he is in town. And hopefully it won't be another 15 years before he comes back...but with those numbers, I don't think that will be a problem! Thank you DeAnn and Stacey for making it such a great night. I loved spending girl time with you and sharing one of my favorite artists together. And for the record, The River is my favorite Garth song, but there are about 10 tied for second!

Some pics from the night:


DeAnn gave me these boots and I FINALLY got to wear them to a concert. I had happy feet the whole time!

No comments: