Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, November 20

Big boy in a big bed

I don't remember the last time I was so excited to do a post! Especially about something seemingly so small. BUT...Baby slept all night in his CRIB last night. Yes, for the first time ever. He did wake up at 3am, which he normally doesn't until later, but I just fed him and he went right back to sleep. I didn't even dare tell Jim where Baby was sleeping until the morning in case I jinx it. I've been thinking about it for a while and knew it was something we were going to have to make the switch to at some point. So last night, I just got the urge to put him in a swaddle and try it (part of the reason I've been putting off is because of his really strong startle reflex, hence the swaddle). I guess I realized that if it didn't go well, I could always put him back in the swing for the rest of the night and I wouldn't be out too much, other than a little time, sleep and frustration, but what mom can't handle that?!?!

I'm really proud of myself for one reason: these are the things that Jim usually does. I'm all about the status quo and if it ain't broke, I sure as heck ain't going to fix it! I always assume my kids can't do whatever challenge/change we come to and Jim assumes they can. I guess that is why having a partner is so nice (oh, and misery loves company, but I digress)! Maybe it was the looming well-child appt next week or maybe it was divine intervention...whatever it was, I feel really good about doing it. It felt so good to lay him down in his CRIB! I, of course, had to take a picture this morning to document the success:

Now, mentioning it here, I have probably jinxed it, but we at least had one good night, of hopefully what is many to come.

No comments: