Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, October 29

Son of God

Mac was baptized on Sunday. What a wonderful day and event. I've always thought there is something special about baptism, so innocent, so refreshing, rebirth. I wish we could all stay so pure and close to God. Mac was a rock star. I kind of like it when babies cry a little when the water is poured over them, but nope, Mac just laid there patiently. Mac is so lucky to have Stacey and Mike be his godparents. They are both amazing people who will have a great influence in his life. Thank you to them for taking on this significant responsibility! Also, thank you to everybody who helped us celebrate Mac's big day. It really means the world to us to be surrounded by such good family and friends. Here are a few pictures:





Just as our other two did, Mac wore the same baptismal gown that Jim wore for his baptism. I just LOVE the symbolism and significance of that. For Mac's baptism cake, I wanted to try some new techniques and flavors (since I could do whatever I wanted!). So I made peanut butter cake with peanut butter frosting filling. And I decided to do a two tiered cake and cover it with homemade fondant! Luckily, my friend Andrea had just made a cake this summer so she gave me lots of tips (and I always ask my expert cake maker, Becky, a ton of questions!). 

The top tier has a negative impression of a cross, surrounded by flowers. The bottom tier has a quilt pattern, edible pearls and Mac's name. Anyway, it was labor intensive, but I think it turned out pretty good (very close to my vision, anyway).

Oh, and Mac received a blanket made by a lady from the parish and an incredible wood chest made by a man from the church! Both are beautiful and so thoughtful.


My favorite picture from the service (courtesy of Kelsie):
Just an incredible day.

No comments: