Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, October 6

Seven year itch?

Happy 7th Anniversary to my wonderful husband. Wow, the last 7 years have been a whirlwind. We bought our first house. We got married (obviously). We had our first child who was born early and had a rough two year journey (but is thankfully perfectly healthy now!). We underwent a remodel project that completely finished our basement and created a master ensuite upstairs. We had our second child who had severe colic and would NOT sleep for the first year...and she still doesn't like to sleep. I went back to work after being a SAHM for three and a half years and the kids went to daycare for the first time (it was VERY traumatic for me at least). We sold our beloved home in NE, and while that is a simple sentence, it was NOT easy doing so with two small children! We then found, bought and moved into our dream home out in the western frontier in Waverly. We had our third (and final!) child and a week later, Jim resigned from his job of 15 years! And finally we all started a new venture when we sent our oldest to Kindergarten this fall.

And these are just the highlights! Crazy. But there is nobody else I'd rather experience all these things with than you, Jim! We love fiercely, we disagree loudly, we bicker constantly...but we fit together perfectly. I never knew how crazy wonderful these last 7 years would or could be. That being said, I think we've earned a few "quiet" years...or at least different than the first 7 have been! Probably won't be "quiet" until they all move out. I love you so much.

For our anniversary, Jim and I went out alone for the first time since before Mac was born! Thank you to DeAnn for coming over and watching all three kids! We went to Birch's in Long Lake and it was wonderful. Jim even liked it and he can be hard to please when it comes to food. I think we will be back. Jim got me seven presents, one for each year, with the last one being tickets to go see A Christmas Carol the weekend after Thanksgiving! So thoughtful and I can't wait. For all the ups and downs; laughs and tears; smiles and frowns...I am one lucky lady and I wouldn't trade my life for anything. And I think that "seven year itch" has been scratched! We are good with how and where we are in life. What will the next seven bring?

No comments: