Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, October 10

Already trained?

Korri is an enigma. She has been daytime potty trained since right after her second birthday. She has been about 90% night time trained for about 9 months (right around her third birthday). I'll give her that she has had a LOT of changes in the last 6 months. But for the last month, she has been wet EVERY SINGLE NIGHT, even when we wake her up to go potty, sometimes even twice! It has been beyond frustrating, not to mention doing all the laundry is exhausting.

We'd been throwing in words like "pulls-ups" and "diapers" here and there and finally I decided I had enough. She isn't being "naughty" but she also just doesn't seem to care. Well, except when she is soaking wet in the middle of the night and says she is sorry over and over (which, of course, tears my heart apart). The most frustrating thing is I KNOW she can do it. She could stay dry all night well before Finn did. She can hold it and if she can't, she is 100% capable for getting up to go potty (even though she still wakes me up to do so, which is fine with me!). So I gave her one more chance. If she was wet Wednesday night, I was going to buy Pull-Ups Thursday at the store and once she started wearing them, she had to wear them at night until she is dry for one full week. And she was wet, so I bought the darn Pull-Ups.

She wore it for the first time last night. Baby slept from 11:30pm until 6:00am (holla!), so I didn't wake her up to go potty like I normally do when he wakes up to eat. And she was DRY this morning! What?!?! She said she got up and went potty by herself when I asked her this morning, but I'm not sure I believe her (she ALWAYS wakes me up when she gets up). While I'm very glad for her being dry, it is beyond frustrating, too. Here's hoping that in 7 days, we'll be back to wearing unders and NOT wetting the bed. Kids: they always keep you on your toes, if nothing else!

And because I like a post with pictures, we went to Fall Harvest Orchard on Wednesday with Pam and Levi. It is super close to home but we'd never been there. We all LOVED it. Sadly, they are selling it so this might be the last year (anybody want to pool $550,000 to buy it together?), but we enjoyed it while we could! And we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day.




And, a super big happy birthday to Big Ben who turns TWO today!! Where does the time go?

No comments: