Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, September 29

Use the fitting room!

We were so lucky to have Auntie NaeNae come visit today! She starts her new job on Wednesday, so today was her last day to be able to just "pop" in. We LOVE visits from her and I don't think she minds them either (even if she misses out on seeing Finn).
Thanks to her visit, I was able to complete a project I've been wanting to do for a while: make some crock pot freezer meals! That way when Jim is traveling, I can just grab a bag out of the freezer in the morning, plop it in the crock pot and have a yummy dinner ready for the kids. Otherwise my meals are kind of lame. Since Renae was here to hold Baby and keep him company, I was able to do it all at one time...maybe took an hour?!?! It felt so good. I can't wait to try them and if they work out, to venture into other recipes, too.

We had a new experience this afternoon: I had to take Finn shopping for pants! We've been very lucky to have lots of Austin's clothes, but to say Austin isn't kind to his pants is being generous. Which means Finn gets fewer of them. Plus, Finn is between sizes; too tall for a 4T, too short for a 5T, too "little" for a 4/5 in boys. Prior to this, I've always just bought things he needs and brought them home but I knew I needed to have him try things one. So all five of us headed to Children's Place (my FAVORITE store to buy kids clothes...and I had a coupon!). Daddy kept Mac and Korri busy while Finn and I picked some out (in several sizes!) and headed to the dressing room.

I realized when I told him we needed to try them on and he started to take his pants off in the middle of the store that this was new for him, too! He LOVED everything about trying on the clothes. We walked into the fitting room and I think he would have stayed all day. He said to me, "Mommy, this is like when you were trying on dresses for us to see." Ha, yes it is, buddy. We were able to get two cargo pants, one pair of tailored sweat pants and a pair of sports pants, which I think should be good in addition to what he already has. I wish we'd had more time because I always want to look at every rack, but that doesn't happen when you have three children with you!

Tomorrow is picture day and because we got home late from shopping, I wasn't able to pick out either of their clothes tonight. Since that is stressing me out, I think I'll get up a little early to make sure we have time in the morning. Plus, we need to actually "do" Korri's hair and say a little prayer that it lasts until picture time! School pictures will be a new experience for us, too and I can't wait. I just pray that Finn does a good smile and not his weird, fake one.

Mac has been a little under the weather the last couple of days with a low grade fever but not too many other symptoms. Today the fever seemed to be gone but he seemed sleeping and a little more clingy than normal (which auntie didn't mind!). He is handling it amazingly well, but still, hopefully tomorrow he is feeling better.

Mac's first visit to El Loro:
He didn't seem all that impressed. Maybe he will be when he can actually eat the food! My texas jumbo margarita was FABULOUS (gotta love not being pregnant any more!!).

No comments: