Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, September 4

First crash

Finn's second and third days of Kindergarten have gone well. He said he learned to raise his hand, which is a good one to learn! I feel like he also needs to learn to speak up a little more to be heard (he comes home saying teacher didn't answer him or respond to him; sad), but I'm sure that will come. He is very concerned that he hasn't gotten to play with the trains in his classroom. Oh and he loves that he gets to drink THREE cartons of chocolate milk a day (breakfast, lunch and snack). That seems like a lot to me. Anybody else?

Yesterday after school, he and Korri went outside to ride bikes. Within minutes, Finn was back in the house crying heavily. He had fallen off his bike! A first...and he did a pretty good job, too. His knee was pretty scraped up but nothing else seemed to be worse for the wear. He even got to have two band-aids because one didn't cover it. It was important to Jim and me that he get back on his bike before he went to bed, so we all went outside so he could reenact the "crash" for us. We still aren't sure if he hit the curb or was turning to avoid hitting the curb but regardless, he said he was looking backward to see where Korri was...and he now understands why daddy keeps telling him to look where he is going! He did get back on to go for a little bike ride with daddy and Korri and all was fine. A little scary for a short time but he handled it fairly well and recovered faster than I expected. I guess he IS a big boy now. I told him to show me his knee and give me a pouty face:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Three chocolate milks is a good number. My mom would have been happy if I drank any milk; I didn't like it.